API testing with Serenity/JS
Serenity/JS REST is a Screenplay Pattern-compatible library that enables your actors to interact with REST- and other HTTP-based interfaces. Under the hood, Serenity/JS REST uses the popular Axios HTTP client, allowing you to leverage its plugin ecosystem, and adds automatic proxy server detection to ensure your API tests work smoothly, even in corporate networks.
In this chapter, you'll learn about:
- Interacting with HTTP APIs using Serenity/JS Screenplay Pattern libraries
- Configuring Serenity/JS HTTP client for API testing
- Sending HTTP requests using the Serenity/JS REST module
- Verifying HTTP responses using the Serenity/JS assertions module
- Blended Testing and writing business-focused API test scenarios